Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too many active triggers causing "hiccups" in mouse actions
Hi Gintaras,
I have just noticed that with QM triggers active, my mouse starts acting funny with certain actions: certain actions such as click-drag that are initiated by holding down Left Mouse Button or even just clicking the left mouse button tend to freeze the intended action for a few seconds. The mouse still moves without any pauses but the intended action is delayed e.g. moving the item around on the screen.

If I disable triggers (from the right click option on the QM icon in program tray), the problem goes away.

I am not sure if it is that I simply have too many triggers or whether it is triggers of a certain type: i.e. accessible events, windows, etc.

I am sure I can do a lot of housecleaning with some developemental or seldom-used macros but I would like to know what the limit is or whether this is a problem with a specific trigger. I have tried turning some recent ones off one by one or in batches but haven't pinpointed a specific trigger/macro.

UPDATE: I just disabled about 25 old keyboard triggers and now the problem seems to have gone away almost completely (maybe entirely). I now have about 50 total triggers active (25 keyboard, 1 mouse, 15 window, 8 acc, and a few QM and startup events).

I would still be interested in knowing what the upper limits are or at least what can help when I get close to the limit: e.g. having less wildcards in windows/acc triggers, etc.

Thanks so much,
Stuart
I don't think that it could be related to keyboard triggers.

You can have keyboard and mouse triggers for all possible hotkeys, and it should not slow down. The number of triggers that use strings is limited but also should not slow down.

I suspect accessible object triggers. Try to disable accessible object triggers in Options -> Triggers. Also try to disable mouse triggers (separately).