Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OSD Time
Hey, I apologize if this has been asked already, I tried a quick search of the forum but there were so many topics on OSD that I couldn't find the answer. I'm sure it's simple and i'm just having a brain fart, but I have an additional monitor setup to the right of my laptop, for a dual monitor. And first off when I tried OSD, it puts the text on the laptop rather then the additional monitor. I wanted the OSD to display the time in the upper right hand corner of my extra monitor, so I didn't have to go to my laptop's screens taskbar, to see the time.

Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
str s
s.time("%X")

OnScreenDisplay s

I haven't used OSD in such a long time, I can't remember how it works. I tried this code just to see if it works, but it only displays the current time rather then continuously displaying the current time. I figure %X is just for the current time, but is there a better way to get this to work?

Overall, I want to have an OSD of the current time in the upper right hand corner of my extra monitor, that is located to the right of my laptop(1024x768).
Taking on Quick Macros one day at a time
this is similar
Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
int i
for i 0 1000000000
,str s=i
,OnScreenDisplay s 1 -1 -30 "" 15 0xff0000 2 "tim4924"

;Code to stop it:
;shutdown -6 0 "TimerFunctionName"

------

Read in OnScreenDisplay help:
The text is displayed on the monitor specified by the _monitor variable. By default it is the primary monitor. Read more in QM help.
not tested
Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
_monitor=2
rep
,str s.time("%X")
,OnScreenDisplay s 1 -1 1 "" 15 0x00ffff 2 "tim4924"
Well thank you, this is exactly what I wanted. I was just putting something together that should have given me a similar result but this works. Thank you very much.
Taking on Quick Macros one day at a time