Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect to Excel Failure
Update on this problem:

I tried running with UAC turned off, but then my data application fails to start, so that's not an option.

Now, I'm trying to run logged in as admin to see if that will work, and am encountering the following:

I have an initialization macro (Init) that defines constants and arrays and then calls another macro, Portfolio, that uses those variables. I set "Run in separate process" for Portfolio to eliminate the Excel connection failure, but then when I run Init, I get an "array is not created" error in Portfolio when trying to access an array element defined in Init. As soon as I comment out the "/exe 1" at the top of Portfolio, the array element is accessed as expected (but then of course it fails on the Excel connect).

Any reason you can see that the array access would fail? By the way, other variables defined in Init are accessed with no problem, and I have put "out" statements before and after the array definition in Init, and they both execute, and there is no error when the array is defined.

Messages In This Thread