Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find & Replace, Variables in text questions
Your help has been great, learned quite a bit in the last couple of days (and registered today to boot ; )

I'm stuck in these (hopefully) last two areas:

------------------------
I. In a simple text block (html template) whether stored internally in QM or in an external text file, I need to:

a) Place two earlier-defined variables (say "en" and "fn" respectively) into one spot each within the text/code-to-be -- one as simple text on the page ( Event Name - str ev) and the other into the middle of a link (File Name - str fn) . Excerpt example, this is were "fn" would go:

<a href="http://nonprofit.org/mediafiles/REPLACE_THIS_BIT_WITH_fn">right-click to download</a>

b) Then I need to know how/where to get the resulting output of the template with changes (I believe I can figure out the renaming/saving/uploading from there...)

---------------------------
II. I need to also put those exact same two variables along with preceding and following plain text into the body of an email (plus a third existing variable "em" into the "TO" field) to send out an auto notification with the Event Name and HTML link to the above created page. The MailTo: stuff and variables/expressions is easy, but...

I just can't seem to grasp using variables within text fields/blocks. Obviously I. and II. are related to my same mental block. My little VB programming doesn't seem to translate here and I haven't found any clear examples of what I need via search. I came close with format fields, but always lost it somewhere along the way.

Your help is much appreciated,

Steve

P.S. I am aware mailto: probably isn't the best method in general, but it was easy gratification and this will be used on one or two fixed workstations max, not on the web etc.

edit: disabled html for code example

Messages In This Thread