Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z-order
Hi,
I have been playing around with the Z-order but unsuccessfully for the weird conditions I am trying to write a QM script for. Here goes in explaining it. I would like to hang a toolbar on a certain window called "Display" But "Display" acts something like a "display full screen" option than a regular window so when I use "mac "my toolbar" hwnd", things act very strange. So instead I have just been using an ont "my toolbar" that is triggered whenever "Display" is visible.

The problem is when another window (say a browser) window appears over "Display" ( it's not exactly a "display full screen" in that other windows CAN come up in the Z-order above it). In this situation, the new window slips in between "Display" and "my toolbar" which covers up parts of the new window.

My question is how to keep the "my toolbar" window always just in front of "Display" no matter where the two are in the Z-order. If they are to be visible, they will be on top. But if other windows are superimposed, they will still stay together.

I hope that is a good explanation for a strange situation. Let me know if I need to explain more.

Thanks,
Stuart

Messages In This Thread