Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-monitor taskbar
Gintaras,

This is beautiful work. It's going to take me a month or more to deconstruct your work. You are definitely using a lot of things I've never seen before.

Here are my first impressions:
Needs a way to move the tool bar to another monitor. (For users who go change which monitor is their primary in display settings. So when they run the executable they can bounce it over to the other monitor) Can it be done in MMT_wm_notify:
Code:
Copy      Help
,,if(i<0 or i>=v.a.len) ;;not on button
,,,sel PopupMenu("Close Taskbar[]Move Monitor")
,,,,case 1
,,,,DestroyWindow v.hwnd
,,,,case 2
,,,,MoveWindowToMonitor v.hwnd 2
I can't figure out exactly how to position the window at the bottom of the screen when moving from one monitor to the other.
Also would need to refresh the windows...when move like this from screen 1 to screen 2, taskbar still shows windows open on screen 1.
The program should save the settings of which monitor to open on so users will not have to bounce it over every time the exe is opened (exe will probably be in the startup folder.)

Remove windows open on secondary monitor from primary taskbar...I'm guessing this would be in the MMT_GetWindows function?
Plan on using a trigger CTRL+SHIFT+LClick to toggle windows between both monitors so would need to put window back in primary taskbar when toggled to primary screen. So...how to register hotkey for executable automatically that will do this? The Multimonitor Taskbar window will be able to receive the CTRL+SHIFT+LClick trigger in an executable, right?

Button activates restore/minimize toggle by button state. I've tried to figure out if there is a message in MMT_wm_notify nh.code that will state if the the button is inactive after a click...I don't know how the buttons work well enough. I've found how to know if the button is active to restore the window...which already happens, but to minimize based on a inactive state is not so obvious. You probably have a slick way of doing this that will blow my mind...like the rest of this Multimonitor Taskbar program!! The button does go inactive, so there must be something to grab that will minimize the window. I've been spinning wheels for a couple hours trying to figure it out!

A Pseudo-Start Menu. It would be nice to have a start button that has common programs to open on the secondary monitor that is user defined and customizable. Maybe could put a "Send-To" program that will register files and programs for the Multimonitor Taskbar to display in it's pseudo-start menu that will open on secondary monitor. Definitely drag-drop icons into the menu would be a must! I guess being able to arrange the orders of the icons would be cool.

Thanks bunches for your work on this. It is very awesome. I'll keep trying to figure this out.
Jimmy Vig

Messages In This Thread