Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-monitor taskbar
Quote:Needs a way to move the tool bar to another monitor.

Function MMT_wm_notify
Code:
Copy      Help
,,,sel PopupMenu("Close Taskbar[]Move to other monitor")
,,,,case 1
,,,,DestroyWindow v.hwnd
,,,,case 2
,,,,if(v.monitor=1) v.monitor=2; else if(v.monitor=2) v.monitor=1
,,,,MMT_SetPos

Quote:The program should save the settings of which monitor to open on so users will not have to bounce it over every time the exe is opened (exe will probably be in the startup folder.)

Use rset/rget to save/restore v.monitor.

Quote:Remove windows open on secondary monitor from primary taskbar...I'm guessing this would be in the MMT_GetWindows function?

I remember several posts about removing taskbar buttons. Maybe it is in Archive.qml.

Quote:Plan on using a trigger CTRL+SHIFT+LClick to toggle windows between both monitors so would need to put window back in primary taskbar when toggled to primary screen. So...how to register hotkey for executable automatically that will do this? The Multimonitor Taskbar window will be able to receive the CTRL+SHIFT+LClick trigger in an executable, right?

For mouse triggers need low level mouse hook. Look for examples in forum. Much easier if it is keyboard trigger. Look for RegisterHotKey in forum and internet.

Quote:Button activates restore/minimize toggle by button state. I've tried to figure out if there is a message in MMT_wm_notify nh.code that will state if the the button is inactive after a click...I don't know how the buttons work well enough. I've found how to know if the button is active to restore the window...which already happens, but to minimize based on a inactive state is not so obvious. You probably have a slick way of doing this that will blow my mind...like the rest of this Multimonitor Taskbar program!! The button does go inactive, so there must be something to grab that will minimize the window. I've been spinning wheels for a couple hours trying to figure it out!

Read in MSDN: TB_ISBUTTONCHECKED etc. To log messages, use OutWinMsg.

Quote:Is there any way to lock a mouse on to a certain monitor?

Mouse can be locked to any rectangle. Look for ClipCursor.

Quote:ginti, is your example set to show classic view?
the taskbars are not themed

I would never make it look like Win7 taskbar. Difficult even to make like XP.

Messages In This Thread