Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to force QM to always use the same "main.qml"
I have many student PCs with QM installed and the network option activated to allow me to send macros over the network from my master workstation.
I do not want different "My QM" settings for different users on these student PCs.
I want 1 MY QM folder/file that is always applied for any user in all situations, even when the PC is taken in or out of a domain, so that I can always send macros.

I tried to implement this while the PC was a member of a domain.
I copied My QM from My documents under my working DOMAIN profile and put it under Quick Macros 2 under Program files.
I don't like the idea of having multiple copies of My QM spread over different profiles. Changes in 1 will not be updated into the others.
So I reasoned that I needed only 1 copy of My QM placed centrally.
Under Options-Files I then redirected my qm to the new folder under Program files.
I stopped both QM processes, deleted all "My QM" folders from every user profile, both local and domain, and then restarted qm.
It worked fine, and I confirmed that changes were being saved under Program Files.

Then I used symantec ghost to make an image of the PC, which automatically takes it out of the domain first before taking the image.
That went fine.

But afterwards when I logged into the student PC (which was no longer in the domain) as local administrator, QM had the standard default settings. It had created a new default My QM folder under My documents.

How can I resolve this issue? I need a solution as fast as possible.

Messages In This Thread