Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.3.3.0 crashes - overall system memory?
Hi Gintaras,
I have been having some problems with fatal crashes in QM functions that result not in usual errors/RT errors etc that I can see and troubleshoot from the output window but rather QM ending abruptly.
I think they may be related to overall system memory as things seem to get better after a reboot AND the crashes seem to happen when the main application running (which I interact with and trigger off of using QM functions/dlgs/toolbars, etc) does some memory-intensive process that causes it to freeze up momentarily before continuing. This is a very usual occurrence.
Also a QM script that seems to be related to this crashing problem runs a lot (though variable#) of html calls in a loop, which also may be a memory-intensive issue leading to a crash.

Without the actual script example and many other host computer variables, I know it would be hard for you to troubleshoot specifically but I was wondering what ways I might use to troubleshoot this more myself. I put in the LogErrors function but it doesn't log anything when QM crashes out suddenly like this. (Note the PC itself runs fine after the QM crash and if I re-start QM it will work fine.)
Is there a way I can tell what crashed QM?

I don't think it has to do with QM alpha version (beta?) but it would be hard for me to test on older version because my new scripts/dlgs rely heavily on new feature flag 128 of version 2.3.3.0.

Thanks for any debugging thoughts.
S

Messages In This Thread