Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with COM object registration/Class not registered
Hi -

I've been running my C# COM object on my development machine and it works well. I'm now trying to make this run on another machine that has QM installed (I'll put this in an *.exe as the next step) but it's failing & I'm sure I'm missing something very basic in how COM objects work.

I've built my COM object in Visual Studio 2012 on a Windows 7 machine. I've tried compiling the *.dll for x86 and for 'any cpu'.

When I try to run this code I get the following error:
Code:
Copy      Help
Error (RT) in EMIPacsWebService.GetStudyData:  0x80040154, Class not registered.    ?

In QM the COM object methods and types are visible. In the Type Libraries menu I can do a Find for my interfaces and they are all there.

In the Type Libraries menu the 'Register' fails on the *.dll but works on the *.tlb.

On the Windows command line
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 PACSWebServiceWrapper.dll
will fail because the entry point DLLRegisterServer was not found. But regasm.exe works:

Code:
Copy      Help
C:\RadFusionDistro\PACSWebServiceDLLs>c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe PACSWebServiceWrapper.dll
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 4.0.30319.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2004.  All rights reserved.

Types registered successfully

But after this the message changes to
Code:
Copy      Help
Error (RT) in EMIPacsWebService.GetStudyData:  0x80070002, The system cannot find the file specified.

Any ideas on how to proceed?
Thanks

Messages In This Thread