Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with low level triggers
I am using low level mouse and keyboard triggers but after about 10 -30 minutes, they quit working. Or maybe it is 10-30 uses. I have not been able to pin it down. I have a start menu item that restarts qm and thereby gets the triggers working again. This is an imperfect solution to the problem. I have also found that if I go into tool--> options --> and uncheck "use low level triggers" then apply then recheck "low level triggers" and apply, everything works again for awhile.

I have gotten rid of the low level trigger option and everything works fine, I believe. However, I need the low level trigger for, among other things, stealing input from a citrix window.

An example of a function that fails but that I find very useful follows. It moves the mouse to the middle of the active windows when triggered by alt-Tab. You need this with multiple large monitors and a mouse that can only move so fast. The function fires when the key is released and is set to not eat the key:

Function MoveMouseToActiveWindow2
Trigger AT 0x5     Help - how to add the trigger to the macro
Code:
Copy      Help
RECT r
GetWindowRect(win() &r)
mou (r.left + ((r.right - r.left)/2)) (r.top + ((r.bottom - r.top)/2))

I am using QM 2.4.2.2 but have had the problem in a previous version as well.

I had considered a less than ideal solution to the problem, where, every 10s or so, qm issued keystrokes that should trigger a qm function and when the triggering failed, qm would disable then re-enable the low level hooks. Something like this might even help me to pin down when the problem is occurring, by actively monitoring for it. If a solution to the primary problem is not obvious (which is what I expect) then is there a way for QM to trigger itself through the low level keyboard hooks as I am describing. Then how can I programmatically disable, then reenable them. I might be able to figure this last one out but I have looked around for sending keystrokes from QM that trigger other QM items via the windows keyboard hooks and have not had success.

Thanks for your help.

Messages In This Thread