Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macro trigger queries
Hello,

I am quite new to Quick Macros and I am still testing this product however, I have been using Macro Express pro for a long time. I have a couple of issues that I have stumbled upon and I am hoping you can help me out or point me in the right direction.

Issue 1:
I am trying to activate a macro when a window pops up (Its a chat window for a desktop application). The trigger works when I use the drag feature in properies --> Window --> Create and Active. However, the problem is the title of the window will always be the name of the user followed by "-conversation". So when I am testing the macro, it works fine on my user activated chat, but it does not work when the window title changes to another user. The window title will always be in this format "user - Conversation". So it will laways end with "- Conversation". I have tried to sue regular expression but I am unable to trigger my macro (maybe I am not using the correct expression) or I may be missing something else. Please help

Issue 2:
Is it possible to active my recorded/coded macros upon keystrokes. Example: When I type "==welcome" a macro to display the welcome message be triggered along with some other action. Basically what I am asking is instead of using a hotkey, I would prefer to have an easy to remember word act as a trigger. This feature is present in Macro Express pro, but I am not sure if its also supported in your program as I was unable to find it. The trigger text will definitely be more than 2 letters.

Thank you very much for developing this wonderful program and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Smile

Messages In This Thread