Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title + url + TimeDate + FixedText + Selected text of chrome
Thanks master Kevin. This was good to begin.

Although I am having some issue - that I have saved your code in a new macro and am calling the macro from a toolbar button, the toolbar runs at chrome.

I have a clipboard utility that saves all clipboard contents - Clipdiary software. Its great to use for my purposes. I have set it also to make a sound every time it captures new clipboard content.

Now when I clicked the toolbar button, the sound that comes from clipdiary comes at much delay - like sometimes 4 seconds, after clicking the toolbar button, and sometimes even 10+ seconds, sometimes no sound comes even after clicking the toolbar button for even 20+ seconds.

- -

I also tried to call macro by setting keyboard trigger of ctrl + shift + alt + r key, to see if any problem is calling by toolbar button. but still problem exists.

- -

So now I thought maybe getting title n url by qm method of find in your given code is causing delays. So I tried to edit the code to just get title + url by ALT+C key which is the tabcopy chrome extensions hotkey to copy the title + url to clipboard.

Now I am using this code - 

Code:
Copy      Help

int w=win("- Google Chrome" "Chrome_WidgetWin_1")
key Ac          ;; Alt+C

str tabcopystextboth.getclip
str td.timeformat("{hh:mm tt} - {ddMMMyy}")
act w
str contents.getsel(0 0 0)
 str result=F"{title}[]{url}[]{td}[](MY CHROME COPIED CONTENTS)[][]{contents}"
str result=F"{tabcopystextboth}[]{td}[](MY CHROME COPIED CONTENTS)[][]{contents}"
out result;; just here to show output in qm not needed
result.setclip

Now error coming with this code is - this macro when run by even trigger of ctrl+alt+shift+r, just copies the tabcopy ext title+url, and doesnt set to clipboard the whole format that I desire from result.setclip.

Whats going wrong ?

I just want the macro to run fast without initial delay problems and want to get title+url, just by pressing ALT+C of tabcopy extension.

Sorry for the long detailed post and Really Thanks for your help MASTER KEVIN or MASTER GINTARAS or other users.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Title + url + TimeDate + FixedText + Selected text of chrome - by Dale - 10-03-2020, 11:49 AM