Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acrobat SDK, question?
So after more research, it appears that capabilities to receive text and images as data are not allowed by external applications. The only way to accomplish this is by programming and packaging everything into a plugin via a *.dll. Acrobat has to load this when it starts. This makes sense as why some methods work so good and other give "No such interface supported". I plan to create this *.dll or plugin as they call it. Adobe does not do a good job explaining how this SDK works. I do not understand why an SDK for something so defacto is so vague (one example, no explanations for anything). I plan to let them know it needs to be better, whether they do something, well...

However, Quick Macros is amazing. What it helps the Acrobat SDK do is super. I work with the Acrobat Embed API and was trying to mimic that functionality. I need Acrobat to record pages, go to pages, and find data. The use of these features is so that databases can find data in PDFs and not have to search for data repeatedly. Some of the plugins sold that do this cost over $1000. Quick Macros allows for superior functionality over these expensive plugins. The Acrobat Embed API does not work on an airplane (it is cloud only) this does. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Acrobat SDK, question? - by pctechtv - 03-13-2022, 03:24 AM
RE: Acrobat SDK, question? - by Gintaras - 03-13-2022, 05:42 AM
RE: Acrobat SDK, question? - by pctechtv - 03-13-2022, 07:49 AM
RE: Acrobat SDK, question? - by pctechtv - 03-13-2022, 08:35 PM
RE: Acrobat SDK, question? - by Gintaras - 03-13-2022, 08:54 PM
RE: Acrobat SDK, question? - by pctechtv - 03-13-2022, 09:02 PM
RE: Acrobat SDK, question? - by pctechtv - 03-14-2022, 12:00 AM
RE: Acrobat SDK, question? - by pctechtv - 03-14-2022, 04:13 PM