Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5-Button mouse trigger(back and forward)?
How do I trigger a macro using the back and forward buttons on my explorer / 5-button mouse.

Thank you in advance Smile
Evangelism - Just Do It!
These buttons are X1 and X2 buttons.
Gintaras Wrote:These buttons are X1 and X2 buttons.
I tried placing "#X1" and "X1" in the trigger field(without the quotes). However, neither worked.
Evangelism - Just Do It!
#X1 should work. If does not work, maybe mouse software maps these buttons to keys. Usually it is configurable. Or, try to set keyboard triggers for that keys. In Properties, select Keyboard, click Hot-key field, and click 4-th or 5-th mouse button. If it is mapped to a key, this should set trigger for that key, eg (166).
Gintaras Wrote:#X1 should work. If does not work, maybe mouse software maps these buttons to keys. Usually it is configurable. Or, try to set keyboard triggers for that keys. In Properties, select Keyboard, click Hot-key field, and click 4-th or 5-th mouse button. If it is mapped to a key, this should set trigger for that key, eg (166).
Neither of the above methods work. When I place #X1 in the Trigger field, it does not trigger the script. When I click the 4th or 5th mouse button in the Hot-key field nothing happens.

I'm not quite sure what is happening. I've written software, using AutoIt, that uses the 4th and 5th mouse button and it works fine. If it helps, the mouse I am using is a Belkin Optical mouse I picked up at OfficeMax for $20.
Evangelism - Just Do It!
I was using an old version. :roll:

The answer is WWWAAAYYYY too obvious with the new version.

Thanks for your help though. :oops:
Evangelism - Just Do It!