Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
error on Vista Ultimate with SP1
after installing diff versions of QM on vista ultimate with service pack 1 32 bit

getting an error when running
Cannot create directory

invalid path indetified

i have tried all compatability options n run as administrator

help, TY
And then QM does not start? Possibly QM fails to retrieve your My Documents folder path. Please run regedit (click Start, type "regedit" in the start search field, press Enter) and open key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

In the right you should see "Personal" in the list. What is its data?
You are correct Mr.G

there were no entries in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
except the 2 dafults with OS, I added personal section with My document path, and that took care of the problem.

tyvm
ps. i noticed that in the same registry section in the VMware virtual machine im running on same PC with same OS, there are many entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
such as personal, desktop, favorites etc with their path.
a non QM question. any idea why im not popuLating that area of the regestry? can it be a persmission issue

TYVM again, i have said this before when i started using QM about 5 Yrs ago...YOU ARE A MASTER GENIUS AT WHAT U DO
Actually the registry key is not the main place where spec folder paths are saved, but until now it worked. To get spec folder paths, pplications should use SHGetSpecialFolderLocation or other functions instead. Will change it in next QM beta. Thank you.