Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File Drop into Editor
i don't know if this is a bug or not but when i try to drop a file to create a 'run' command, it now does not let me.
should it?

thanks.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Should work.

What window class is in QM status bar when dragging over the editor? It should be QM_VistaDD.

Try to restart QM, and then drag not from the left side.

What OS?

Drag drop does not work when QM is in safe mode (F8 when starting), or unregistered and the evaluation period expired.
class = "QM_Editor"
class = "QM_Code" (i think this is the child-coding-frame).
i'm on XP-Pro sp2

after restart, it behaves the same. when i do try to drag from the left, it does change my cursor to be the "shortcut" as if to say i could drop the file there to create a shortcut.

The Macro Hook
To detect drag and drop, QM uses the same hook as for mouse triggers. Are mouse triggers working? Try to check or uncheck low level hooks in Options -> Triggers.

Try to open new empty qml file.
mouse triggers are working fine. changed it to 'use ll hooks' and restarted qm ::: same result
opened new qml and restarted ::: same result
closed 'recent open items' and drug into editor with only one macro open it editor (not dual editor mode) from the right ::: same result

The Macro Hook
Found it. qmvistad.exe now is used on all OS, but the setup program adds it only on Vista. Will be fixed in next beta. Or can download qmvistad.exe now.

Attached Files
.zip   qmvistad.zip (Size: 3.03 KB / Downloads: 463)
'vista'? i would say let me download vista but i just got a vista ultimate version from the 'heros happen here' event in st louis yesterday so now i just need to download a new machine that'll run areo glass....got one of those? :wink:

The Macro Hook