Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows XP Automatic Updates - Locking up QM?
Hi,
I have a QM custom dialog that hangs around on the monitor all the time on a number of pcs (>20). It seems to be dropping out several times during the day recently. I think it may be related to a series of Windows Updates i.e. the gold shield with the exclamation point on it appears in the lower right hand corner of the screen. When I click on it, it bring up the automatic update for XP Service Pack 3. I am not sure if that is related. I am going through doing the updates on the various computers but just wondering if it could be related and if there is any way to test for it or adjust QM or macro settings to be resistant to future Automatic Update alerts.

Thanks,
Stuart
I don't think that it is related.
Is "dropping out" == "the dialog is closed and the thread too"? Or it closes QM?
the dialog closes, but some other toolbars remain open but nonresponsive and clicking on the QM icon in lower right corner is unresponsive.
The other thing is that I have the program Synergy, which extends the desktop to two computers via network. Maybe cursor location on second screen is causing some problems. Testing now with Synergy turned off
Thanks,
Stuart
for reference: http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/