Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait for Popup Dialog to Close
Hi,
I am kind of embarrassed that I can't figure this out. When a certain webpage is launched (via a hook statement on a toolbar), there is a login popup window that comes up if the user is not logged in already. I want to have a wait statement that waits until the popup window closes because either the user has entered their username/password successfully or have hit the cancel button.

I don't see a wait statement option for "close of window".

Any ideas? I have tried having wait statements for an element that will only show up on successful login but for some reason have not been successful. Perhaps because the html is not in a web browser but in a toolbar browser.

Thanks,
Stuart
0 -WC "?"
or
0 WD "?"

try that
Probably wait commands don't work because web browser and wait commands are in the same thread. If a thread waits it cannot do other things. Maybe opt waitmsg 1 can help. But better don't use wait commands in QM thread because it can make QM unstable. Toolbar hook function runs in QM thread. Try to launch another thread (using mac or window trigger) that does all waiting work.
Yes, I have had lots of QM fatal errors with this - now I know why. The weird thing is that it would cause a crash every time on some computers and not on others. Strange. Anyway, thanks for explaining the issue of wait statements in threads. I will try having a window trigger which is triggered by the login popup.

Thanks, Stuart