Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IntGetFile Problem
Hi,

First post here, by the way this is a great software.

Hope it's not a stupid question ! I have created a macro which uses an IntGetFile command to check a series of pages. But every 20-30 pages it hangs and gets stuck in a particular page (random page each time). And nothing happens, no error either. I added "0 0 1" for the IntGetFile dialogue and it is confirmed, that's where the problem is.

Is there a way to put a time limit in IntGetFile so it can proceed with the rest of the macro ? (Err-/err+ doesn't work and IntPing is not that reliable. ok, the page is checked but IntGetFile may still hang when it tries to access the page again).

Also I want to know when it skips a page.Thanks in advance, I've lost many hours on this today !

Alex
I afraid there is no way to put a time limit. I tried InternetSetOption(hi INTERNET_OPTION_CONNECT_TIMEOUT ... but it does not work.

I tested many urls by enumerating my Favorites folder. If for some url the connection time is longer than 60 s, IntGetFile throws error. Then err can be used to continue.
Pity there isn't a time limit, 60s is a bit slow for what I was thinking of, but ok I'll manage.
It's strange, sometimes it hangs indefinitely for many minutes until I end the macro. Seems this has something to do with my computer, I'll investigate.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply ! Again let me say, I love quickmacros, it has saved me hundreds of hours on a variety of business/personal things.