Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rset to REG_BINARY
I am trying to set the color of Jasc from a file and am having a problem with rset changing the type,I have tried several ways and it is still changing my REG_BINARY TO REG_SZ, here is the diffrent codes I have tried, could someone please look at them and see where I am missing the flag or what I am missing?

example 1
rset "ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff " "CustomCustom""Software\Jasc\Animation Shop" HKEY_CURRENT_USER REG_BINARY

example 2

str a="ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff"
rset a "CustomCustom""Software\Jasc\Animation Shop" HKEY_CURRENT_USER REG_BINARY

thank you in advance!
donald
QM 2.3.0 saves it in REG_BINARY format.
Gintaras Wrote:QM 2.3.0 saves it in REG_BINARY format.
I am still having trouble, it is setting the wrong value with this code:
str a="ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff"
rset a "CustomCustom""Software\Jasc\Animation Shop" HKEY_CURRENT_USER

this code enters the right value but changes the BINARY to STRING:
rset "ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff " "CustomCustom""Software\Jasc\Animation Shop" HKEY_CURRENT_USER

could I get a example of how to make it enter the right value without changing the key type?
thanks again gintaras
Do you want to convert string "ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff" to binary data?

Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
str a
a.decrypt(8 "ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff")
Gintaras Wrote:Do you want to convert string "ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff" to binary data?

Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
str a

I am working with various keys, this was one of them, maybe it is because it has letters and numbers, at any rate, no matter what I try it is not working,jasc cannot read it in string format, only in binary format, but when I get it into the key in binary format the value is always wrong, I tried to copy the value that was placed into the key from regeditor but for some reason it will not let me paste the value, could you possibly make example with this key ?

"toolbars" "Software\GinDi\QM2"
Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
str a
rset a "toolbars" "Software\GinDi\QM2" HKEY_CURRENT_USER REG_BINARY

in regedit when i double click it looks like
Code:
Copy      Help
0000 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff 00 yyyyyyyy
0008 ff ff ff 00 ff ff ff     yyyyyyy
Yes, I see what was happening now, I have it worked out, it works fine now, thanks for your help, these keys can be very tricky! anyway, thanks for your help again gintaras