Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding the "Waiting while the window is hung.." message box
Thank you for the response below from a different thread, Gintaras. I tried using "opt keysync 1", however, since delays and hung windows are part of the normal day to day operation of the application I am scripting over, it is important to have QM wait for the window to become unhung. Sometimes it unhangs in time for normal resumption of QM function but othertimes it causes a permanent hang (the application's fault, not really QM - QM script just is the last thing that pushes it over the edge)

Anyway, since most of the time, it gets out of hung state and continues normally, is there any way to hide the message box "Waiting while the window is hung" from the user. It will deprive the user of the ability to Abort, cancel, but usually this doesn't work to save things anyway. I just want to hide the inner workings of the scripting solution from the general user.

Thanks!,
Stuart

quote="Gintaras"]Only these function can show the "Waiting while the window is hung..." dialog:
key
outp, str.setsel
str.getsel

These functions send keys to the active window. If the window is hung, the keys would be lost. These functions detect hung window, then show the dialog and wait. To disable it, try opt keysync 1.[/quote]
Create a window-triggered function that hides the message box.
No problem. Easy to do. Thanks!
Stuart
In next QM version 2.3.0.3, use opt hungwindow 1-3 to select default option (wait, abort or ignore) without a message box.
you know I'm going to ask, right?.....so, ummmmm.....when's the next version due out? :lol:
and what'll be new?
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
This or next week.

Added to IXml and XmlNode: ValueBinarySet, ValueBinaryGet, SetAttributeInt, AttributeValueInt, Move, ChildCount. With Path and Child can be used filter expressions.
Custom icons of QM items. Some changes in Icons dialog.
Bookmarks and saved searches.
Back and Forward buttons.
New functions, more options in some functions.
Exe: Any files can be added to resources using syntax ":resourceid filepath".
Bug fixes.
And more.
SHAZAM!!!
let me know if you need an alpha tester :wink:
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Phenomenal!!!!!!! - how do you do it?

Stuart