Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
delete from anywhere
What i need to be able to do is delete a file that is going to be in a different place on different computers...
so something like this but i know this wont work...

del "*\Installer 1.1.exe"

And make it delete "Installer 1.1.exe" from every place its at on the computer.

thanks
why do you need qm to take care of this task?

in qm you could start by clicking the 'Files, web' button on the qm toolbar

Menu->Files, web
Code:
Copy      Help
Delete files :mac "TO_FileDelete" * $qm$\del.ico
pi
I need this because my windows installer program does not have the option to delete "install exe" when install process is complete.

So im making a macro to run "after unpacking" to delete the install exe.

but the problem is, sometimes "install exe" will be in different places, from the desktop...to my docs, depending on where the user saves it.

So i need to make it delete it from anywhere on the computer and cannot find a code to do it,

ex) del- "C:\*\Installer.exe"

but i know that does not work, so im looking for something that will work.

thanks!
Normally user deletes it. Or not. I have never seen a setup program that deletes itself.
Thats exactly why it isnt in my windows installer program.
This is something i need this certian program to do or its main function will not work, needs to be deleted as soon as install is done and some users will not follow the instructions properly or just not understand.

Thats the only reason i need it to work.

So is it possible?

Thanks!
why don't you build an installer with qm?
too much work?
pi
I did build one before did not do all i needed it to do for my application.

Back to my question, is this possible?

Thanks!
Maybe setup program can write its path in registry? For example Inno Setup supports scripting and could do it. Maybe even could delete itself.
I looked into deleting itself and the program cannot do it, I will check out Inno Setup but that means I will have to write entire script again? Or is it an easy setup type?

I know it does support script and it can write registry files but im not sure how i could make it write its own path, i know it can write the path of any file/program it is installing.

I will have to take a look.

Thanks.
I've seen this done with Co-Pilot (a pc remote assistance program) but I'm not sure how they are doing it. Possibly making a memory resident command that gets executed when done and then the mem-res program gets flushed at reboot or something.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook