Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ren "Moving file Prompts"
Here are a couple questions to keep you busy for a minute or two.

I'm using QM as a generic simple installer for files. For windows xp I haven't seen any problems. But when trying to move a file from the desktop to My QM on vista the security promps prevent the operation from being completed sucessfully even when logged into the admin account. Is there a flag that does this silently?

if(dir("$Desktop$\folder" 2))
,ren "$Desktop$\folder" "$My QM$"
,out "folder moved to (My QM)"

Also, I've been searching the registry for the string file containing Quick Macros 2 version information. I have multiple people who are still using 2.2.1.5 which as you can see from a prior post, does not work well for me. I would like to require that they upgrade to your most recent version to avoid any nasty bugs that were present in that particular install.

Regarding your most recent release (version 2.3). When installed on Windows XP it seems to affect the icons on the desktop by making them flash. This was not a problem with 2.2.1.5 or earlier. Any info is helpful as I'm sticking with 2.1.8.8 until further notice. This was noticed on all of my machines so I know it's not just a fluke with a single computer.
1. There are no flags that prevent the Vista UAC prompt. Make sure that for My QM folder is allowed full access for Users or Authenticated Users or Creator Owner or Everyone.

2. QM version also is in registry, but you can simply use QMVER.
Macro
Code:
Copy      Help
out "0x%08X" QMVER

3. This will be fixed in QM 2.3.0.6. This month. Thank you.
Thank you again.