Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM Crashes - Two QM icons in task bar
Hi Gintaras,
I have been having a lot of QM crashes lately. I am using now 2.3.0.12 but I don't think it has to directly with the upgrade. At my institution, they recently upgraded to a more restrictive group policy on the computers, limiting saving to the C drive. QM program files folder and My QM folders are "authorized" under the policy. It seems the crashes occur with regard to operations using a Toolbar WebBrowser. Sometimes, there is a (non-QM) error when using a free-standing IE app (usually when closing the app) (i.e. completely free-standing .... not having anything to do with QM). It seems that this behavior goes away with a reboot. So I think it is some sort of memory leak. I know it's impossible to diagnose problem with such little information. But one thing I notice is that there is sometimes two QM icons in the task bar. Is that normal? Could that be related to crashes?. It doesn't seem to be directly related to multiple threads appearing in the thread box, so I am confused.

The windows XP box that pops up when QM crashes offers a very long set of data available -I don't know if that is useful or just too much info.

I realize this is probably too little to go on but maybe you have seen or heard of similar behavior....

Stuart
Sometimes when a Program Crashes, the Taskbar Icon does not disappear until you mouse over it. So if QM crashes, then you run it again, it may appear that you have 2 icons, but when you mouse over them both, 1 should disappear.

Crash may be related to the version you are running

Intermitant Crashes
Constant crashing
I was having some weird errors too with .12 Try .13 and at least you'll avoid the scroll-button crash.
An old blog on QM coding and automation.

The Macro Hook
Hi Ken, LyLerK and Gintaras,

It seems to be totally a 2.3.0.12 thing - both the crashing and the two Taskbar Icons - exactly as you guys said.

It turns out that it is not just the QM console being active that will cause the crash upon scroll-button action but also a toolbar-webbrowser - that was hanging up my users even though they didn't have the QM console open.

Will update and look forward to the problem going away.

Thanks Gintaras again for keeping QM amazing and always getting even better!

Stuart