Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text Replacement in HTML*Input box
Hi All, Im wondering how i can have a macro that will replace a set of numbers in a html document or text file when i type the new digits into a input box on a dialog and then save the new edited document overwriting the old one.

I need a Dialog with 2 inputs boxes, 1 for searching the old digits when typed in and another for the new digits which must reaplace the old ones and save the edited document.

Would anyone kindly help me.

Thanks
VεRiTλS
Usually it is better to see what you find and what replace. Why don't use a text editor program for this?
Hi Gintaras, I cant seem to find one through google did you mean an application like notepad as thats what ive been using and its a pain to do it manually, can you send me a pm with an example program link i might need, free or retail i dont mind.I searched for text editor programs via google but all i got was word, notepad and applications like that.
I need it so it can change the text i need since the text files them selves i will be using have over 3000 lines of information and takes alot of time to edit manually.

Thanks.
VεRiTλS
You probably need an editor that can find/replace using regular expressions. Try with Quick Macros. Drag and drop the file to the list of macros. Then use the Find dialog. Ctrl+click the Replace button and it will replace all.