Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Style Perhaps ?!
Hello again! I know how to work with colours and stuff with " Ids " but, what im trying to do is change the font for the title of a " Dialog " but, the main dialog, does not have a Specfic ID!

So how do am i able to change the font there! I dont care about the colour, but, if thats possible to change the colour, that'd be awesome too!

If anyone knows what im talking about and knows what i mean, please show me how! Im not able to find nothin to change the font for the title of a dialog,
you know, when you open a new dialog and its called, " Dialog " and u change the name to what you want! Thats what i want to change, the font that is.

Thank You ..
How would you do it if the dialog has an id?

Dialog title bar font style cannot be easily changed.
Well, i would do it by using, " CB_DrawImages ". That is what i use for all my IDS on my dialog.

I have the dialog looking nice, but, for the title bar, it makes it look like, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So, i was hoping if that could possibly be changed to make it look better!?

Is it even possible to achieve and if so, how ?
On Win XP, when dialog receives WM_NCPAINT, it can draw title bar. Look for source code in codeproject.com. On Vista/7 don't know, maybe not possible.

Or don't use title bar. Draw your title bar in client area. On Win 7 then you can draw like in wordpad etc.

All it is much work, I cannot help.
Well, im using WIN XP, so the same way i draw images for my ids in the combo boxes, is it the same principle for the main dialog title bar ?
CB_DrawImages will not draw in title area, but the Windows API functions that used in CB_DrawImages also can be used to draw title bar. ImageList_Draw, DrawText or other.
Alright, i've been looking now for an hour for " WM_NCPAINT " and all i can find is stuff that is not related to QM, and even though i copy there codes they have, they give me Tremendous Amount of Errors so i just do not know!

I figured this little thing i wanted to do, wouldnt be so hard! Why is it, that all the stuff i ask, that seems so easy to do, but yet are so bloody complicated to achieve!

Gintaras, do you think you can Implement this to make it easier, because for now, i have no idea how to do this and im a bit disappointed that this cant be changed like i want it to.

I cant even find an example to work off of, which is very Frustrating.
no.
:twisted:
Hey gin, thought id tell you this is a way to Manipulate an ID for the main title bar, i used CB_DrawImages, and even though its id is basically 0, all you need to do is setfocus on the name.

Ha, well this wasnt so hard afterall 8)

Thanks
Gintaras'

I've been searching through QM Library and there is nothing found on topics for these two things, " ImageList_Draw " " DrawText " ..

I've looked on the website you've provided for me and it show's me Various things, but of course, it doesnt work with QM, i copy

the codes and i even try to seach Individual codes and they dont even exist inside of it and they give me Errors..!

So my question to you is, where can i find some Examples on how to use " ImageList_Draw " " DrawText " ?

I wish to learn these new Functions Gintaras.
Drawing title bar is quite difficult. I think you need much more programming knowledge.

These functions are documented in MSDN library on the internet. They are not QM functions.
Ok! Im not sure if im making this simple enough to say! This is the reason i hate typing! Because, what i say, is not enough to what im really trying to say! Ok.

Answer me this please!

Why is it that we are able to change fonts and colours on the dialog, BUT, were not able to change the dialog title bar!

When infact, the dialog-title-bar is builit inside the dialog! To me, it'd seem more simple to have it all custom and change what we wish.

You seem you know what im talking about so would you please give me an example of what im trying to do, Ive looked inside the msdn library and read it and it does not work for qm. i dont wanna use other stuff, i only wanna use QM,

i learn from examples better than trying to do them.

This is after all, the support centre, so im asking u because ur the brains.
Title bar belongs to nonclient area. OS allows you to draw client area, but draws nonclient area itself, and it is difficult to change this. I often give examples of what is not directly related to QM, but this time for me would be too much work.
Lol, i pay for a program to get the best out of it and i cant even get support for something that would seem so seemingly simple, but yet its the most difficult thing i could ask about and for!..

Cant even find an example to help me.. Very disappointing indeed...

I've searched through this forum, the website you've provided for me, the MSDN Library, and still, nothin that is releated to a FULL Outlook on QM Commands/Controls, etc.. of what i want to learn and do!... :twisted: My program will be used on many of my computers and using other software other than QM will only make it more of a complication for me, its best if all this was actually aquainted, but everything is of course, to good to be true...

Where am i going to get support for this because i expect the most out of this, seeing i spent my own money, im going to get my monies' worth if its the last thing i do :!:
Code:
Copy      Help
Where am i going to get support for this

If it is so important to you, I can only recommend to find a C++ source code of drawing in title bar, to understand how they do it, and try to implement it in QM. As a hint, the main message that must be processed is WM_NCPAINT, but there are also other messages that must be processed.
Forgive me Gintaras!

As my grandmother use to say to me, " Always Be Persisten In What You Want "

That'll explain why im so assertive!

It's important to me Gintaras because its like this, if you really wanted something so bad, how far would you go for it ?
That depicts anything in life, to make it as a goal!

Now, if only i could JUST find a little, small, basic, easy, Example. That'd make my day like no other!

The work i do Gintaras, i put my heart into it!

Now quick question:

If i must have to use c++ inorder to Ahieve what i wish, will all this have to be based on a Install File ?

And is it possible to make a Install Program using QM ? Like when i set up QM, it has a Instal Screen, that is what im talking about.
I cannot find easy examples. This is from codeproject, but far too difficult, thousands of lines of C++ code.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/winsdk/Sk ... play=Print
Quote:If i must have to use c++ inorder to Ahieve what i wish, will all this have to be based on a Install File ?

And is it possible to make a Install Program using QM ? Like when i set up QM, it has a Instal Screen, that is what im talking about.

No, don't have to use C++. Use C++ examples only to see how to do it. Most of Windows programming examples are in C++ language.

You can make very simple install programs with QM, but better do it with Inno Setup or a similar program.
Alright, thank you so very much for your time Gintaras! I appreciate it! I will study this now for many hours till i achieve it!

Thank you, Kevin
Till next time till i ask you something, cheers.
Hello my friend Gintaras! I just wanted to let you know, that after along tiring night of hours of trial and error, ive learned how to use,

int A
if( SkinWin.IsHandledMessage( message ) )
return SkinWinA.WndProc( hWnd, message, wParam, lParam );
ret A=;

WM_NCPAINT, etc

AMazingly it looks really nice now. Now im going to figure out how to colour it.

Thanks so much for your time Gin, i really do appreciate it!