Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Start macro within MS WORD, not QM
I have been able to create a macro to do the following:

1. Copy some text from a MSWORD (MSW) document to memory.
2. Switch to Wordperfect (WP).
3. Paste the text into WP.
4. Switch (ALT-TAB) back to MSW.
5. Copy some more text to memory.
6. Paste that text into WP, too.

The problem is...the macro only works once. Thereafter, since I have to execute the macro inside QM,
QM becomes one of the 3 windows I have open. When the macro loads the MSW
document and copies the text...it then executes ALT-TAB. Since QM is the last window that was
open (because I executed the macro from QM)....then ALT-TAB brings me back to the QM window and the macro bombs...because it can't find the window (WP) to dump the text into it.

I tried adding a trigger, and told QM to make the trigger active when MSWORD is open (WINWORD.EXE), hoping to launch from within MSW. However,
the trigger doesn't work. I hit the hot key (WINDOW+[) and nothing happens. I also tried making the hot key CONTROL/ALT W. That didn't work either.

In the directions, it says you can make the macro into an EXE file. That's fine and dandy, but how do
I get that EXE file to run inside MSW so I don't have to bring up the QM window?

Is there something I'm doing wrong here, or can someone suggest a way to get done what I'm trying to
get done?
Don't use Alt+Tab. Instead use
act "Word"

Quote:how do I get that EXE file to run inside MSW so I don't have to bring up the QM window?

With act "Word" it will work. For example, double click the exe, and it will activate Word etc.
I don't know what "act WORD" means. Will have to look into that. I'm not much of a user (or fan) of MS WORD. I just have to use it in this instance. I'm more of a wordperfect guy.
Hello Daniel,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Is there a way to launch a QM macro from within another program?", but as for your second question regarding SuperKey are you asking is there a way to record your actions?

================================================================================================

Yes...I want to record my actions. Here's what I need to happen:

1. With QM closed, but active (TSR...terminate and stay resident...like superkey used to do).
2. Turn on recorder.
3. Record what I want it to do while in MSWORD.
4. turn off recorder.
5. Save macro to what QM calls a "trigger"
6. Use that macro from now on with that trigger.