Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retain default behaviour of win-key while using wait for.
As soon as I press the Win-key it should display briefly a sequence of numbers (1, 2, 3, .., 0) above the first 10 icons on the task bar.
I cannot get this seemingly easy job to work. Please check the following code (I know it doesn't use an intelligent positioning algorithm yet):

Macro Macro2
Code:
Copy      Help
rep
,wait 0 K W
,OnScreenDisplay "1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     0" 2 80 1080 "Arial" 24 0xff00 16
When I use wait for key down event the win-key is eaten as documented. So I cannot use Win+5 to start the 5th program on the task bar.
When I use wait for key up event then I also cannot use Win+5, because the win-key is carried out straight away.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!
Use a low-level keyboard hook. Some examples are in this forum.

I seems that there is no way to get taskbar button positions on Windows 7.
LL keyboard hook is switched on. Should have mentioned that before. Anyway, writing my own LL hook is too complicated for me right now. I hardly understand the examples. But I tried the following and it seems to work:
Function Function2
Code:
Copy      Help
rep
,ifk (VK_LWIN)
,,OnScreenDisplay "1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     0" 2 80 1080 "Arial" 24 0xff00 16
The only thing now is that this function creates a lot of threads (when I'm a bit slow on the Win-key). The infinitive loop is running real fast, I guess Smile . As soon as there are 200 threads QM issues a warning for each thread: "Warning: There are [n] threads. QM may fail to create more threads and stop working." n > 199
Btw, if I start writing a low level hook, you think I should take into account that the Win-key can be a modifier and a standalone hotkey (unlike e.g. SHIFT)?

As a side note: there is a VK_SHIFT, VK_LSHIFT and VK_RSHIFT, but for the Win-key I couldn't find a generic code like VK_WIN (only VK_LWIN and VK_RWIN).
ifk ...
can be replaced to
if GetMod=8
It tests state of both win keys and also other modifier keys.

Show OSD only when win key state changes, not always when key pressed. Store previous state in a variable and compare. If it is difficult, just add osdid argument, any string.
And insert wait 0.01.