Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status of creating product?
Hi, a million years ago I asked about creating collections of macros and turning them into independent apps that could stand alone as products. Gintaras suggested waiting because of a major update or re-visioning of QM. I'm back on that project and wondering what the status is on creating standalone apps. Thanks for any ideas.
- Bob
The major update new preview version will be this week, but it is unfinished and incompatible with QM2 macros.
In QM2 nothing new. Commercial collections of macros must be in exe (no triggers etc).
This is a collection for editing text in Windows that I have used for years. It's a big time and stress reducer. Should I wait for QM3? I would like to hire someone to make sure the final product in whichever is satisfactory. Recommendations? Offers?
- Bob
QM3 would be better in this case mostly because:
- It is the future. QM2 is the past, and won't be developed.
- You can create .exe programs with triggers.
- You can create/deploy scripts too, and users can edit them in the free editor.

Bad things:
- Would need to convert existing QM2 scripts to QM3 (C#). I would be happy to help with some parts.
- Currently QM3 is in "preview" phase. It means some (few) functions etc may change in next versions. I expect it will become "beta" after 1-2 months, and "stable" this year. Anyway, QM3 already can be used.
- Users may have to install .NET runtime. It's just a small inconvenience. I don't know the % of computers where it is already installed (because many programs use it).

I don't have recommendations or offers for hiring someone.
Thanks for the update!
- Bob