Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to cancel space key confirmation
Hi,

In QM3, how to cancel the space key confirmation

e.g:

When I type di and then press space key, dialog is automatically entered, I just want to use tab or enter to confirm, This can be achieved in QM2, It would be useful if there were setting options

Thanks in advance for any advice and help
david
This is default in Visual Studio and VSCode. I never found it annoying etc. Autocompletes when you type space, dot, semicolon, etc.
Could add this option, but then you would lose some good features of the code editor:
Func space -> Function() //don't need to press Enter and type (
Func ; -> Func(); //don't need to press Enter and type ();
Ty . -> Type. //don't need to press Enter
something , in arguments -> something, //don't need to press Enter
Because Chinese language input method, the default confirmation key is also  space key  Smile

I didn't install Visual Studio, it's too big, Add the options that can be applied to more people

Using QM2+QM3, it is perfectly for my daily needs, QM2 defines autotext, very magical, thanks for your hard work
I tested Chinese input method in QM3 on Win11, but don't know how to reproduce the problem. Maybe the space-completion feature can be replaced with something instead of an option to turn off completely, but for it I need to understand the problem better. A short video would help. Also OS version, exact keyboard layout and other settings.
Sorry, maybe I have some problems with my expression above
It's not a problem, it's more about operating habits
I searched for some related articles, and many editors support turning off space confirmation