Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showing elm full path
Hi Dear Gintaras,

I would like to suggest LA to add elm full path (option) once finding them by using “Ctrl+Shift+E”. For instance, window/pane/document/list/grouping/text something like this. It will be very nice if the full path can be displayed while clicking the elm from the elm tree branch.

loop UI element? Loops through all UI objects that meet the conditions specified. I known this can be done with writing codes. Could this be added as a feature(method) of elm.find()?Thanks

Doc comment option, in qm2 there is a very cool feature  “automatic code comment”, comment can be inserted into code with just one click.Will this feature also be possible in LA or already in your to do list?

Thank you so much!
1. How it can be useful?

2. If need an user-defined condition, use the *also* parameter. It's a callback function. Then replace .Find(1) with .FindAll(), and use foreach. In next LA version the 'Find UI element' tool will have new actions 'FindAll' for creating such code.

3. LA adds /// doc comments when you type /// above a function etc. When typing the '<' character, it shows an autocompletion list of tags. It works like in Visual Studio and VSCode. Do you suggest adding a tool like the QM2 "Function Help Editor" that inserts tags like <remarks>, <param ...>, <see ...> <b> etc in a faster way?
Thanks for your reply.

1.Relative paths (fi ne la)are already very powerful and can be very helpful in certain complex situations.However, the only inconvenience is that sometimes it is not possible to pinpoint each element, but only to find a definite element first and then find the required element by relative path based on the definite element.So I think if every element had an absolute path, there wouldn't be this problem. Especially for elements on web pages.I don't know if there is a big demand for this feature, but I personally like the find UI element feature a lot.

2.Thank you so much for adding this feature in the next version.

3.Yes,It’s a great feature in qm2 and it should also be available in LA.?
1. Why LA does not use absolute full paths of UI elements by default? Because such paths are fragile. They can change in a new version of the target program or when the web page displayed next time. But LA supports paths with intermediate elements, like [element1][element2][element3], which isn't so fragile (unless you add all intermediate elements to the path). Or maybe I incorrectly understand you.
I understand that if the absolute path is written into the code, if the structure of the site changes or the structure of the target program changes. Then the absolute path will be invalid. The code will be invalid too, right? If you use relative paths (the main structure of the site is generally not easily changed), and can be updated as the site updates the code can also find the updated content according to the relative path. Such code will be valid for a long time. This is very convincing. Thanks for the explanation, now I do understand.
3. https://www.libreautomate.com/forum/show...p?tid=7461
Thank you!☺️