Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LA - Smart Dialog equivalent example ?
Hi !

I'm slowly transitioning from QM to LA and i found all those useful wpfbuilder snippets and cookbook, but i don't think I found a "QM Smart Dialog" equivalent as an example in LA ?

Is there already one or can you provide one please ? I really need a dialog example printing "User clicked button" "User dropped down menu" "User checked box"... to understand how it works

Thanks in advance !
Usually don't need a dialog procedure and WM_X messages like in QM. Use events, or/and Window-based class + overrides.

Cookbook articles:
Dialog - events
Dialog - Window-based class
Dialog - menu bar

But in the cookbook I forgot about overrides. Here it is:
Code:
Copy      Help
// script "Dialog - Window-based class.cs"
/// To start creating a <b>Window</b>-based class that uses a <see cref="wpfBuilder"/> to add elements etc, you can use menu File -> New -> Dialogs.
/// The main reason to use a Window-based class is to be able to override functions of the base class in order to receive various notifications (it's a more powerful alternative to events) or change the behavior or initial properties of the class.

var d = new Dialogs.DialogClass();
if (d.ShowDialog() != true) return;

namespace Dialogs {
    using System;
    using System.Windows;
    using System.Windows.Controls;

class DialogClass : Window {
        public DialogClass() {
            Title = "Dialog";
            var b = new wpfBuilder(this).WinSize(400);
            b.R.Add("Text", out TextBox text1).Focus().Validation(_ => string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(text1.Text) ? "Text cannot be empty" : null);
            b.R.Add("Combo", out ComboBox combo1).Items("Zero|One|Two");
            b.R.Add(out CheckBox c1, "Check");
            b.R.AddOkCancel();
            b.End();

//if need, add initialization code (set control properties, events, etc) here or/and in Loaded event handler below

//b.Loaded += () => {

//};

b.OkApply += e => {
                print.it($"Text: \"{text1.Text.Trim()}\"");
                print.it($"Combo index: {combo1.SelectedIndex}");
                print.it($"Check: {c1.IsChecked == true}");
            };
        }

//In your Window-based class you can override (replace) virtual functions of the Window class.
        //Add a function with the same name, arguments, etc as a base's function, and with the override keyword. Then your function will be called instead of the base's function.
        //The code editor shows a list of overridable functions when you type the override keyword and space. Then you can start typing a function name to filter the list. Select a function. It inserts an empty function that just calls the base's function. Add more code before or/and after the call.
        //Usually a corresponding event exists. For example event Closed for function OnClosed. This function is called before event handlers.

//Example of an override function.

protected override void OnClosed(EventArgs e) {
            print.it("closed");

//Your function should call the base function. Unless its documentation says it isn't necessary or you want to steal the notification from the base class.
            //If a corresponding event exists, the base function usually raises the event (calls event handlers). For example base.OnClosed raises the Closed event.

base.OnClosed(e);
        }
    }
}