Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM not responding to hotkeys and autotext phrases
I often come into a situation where QM no longer responds to keyboard shortcuts that I have assigned to macros/functions and where also autotexts are not expanded any more. I then do File > "Exit Program" and restart and everything is fine again.

Probably I have hit some unfortunate key combo at some point, but of course I wouldn't have noticed then and I don't see any indication in QM's UI (or its tray icon) about it being in a different state.

I know, this sounds weird - but maybe someone has hit a similar situation or maybe I just don't know the magic "sleep" function yet Wink
Sometimes Windows disables hooks that are used for hotkeys etc. Without a notification or a way to detect it.

LibreAutomate auto-restores its hooks.

Quick Macros does not auto-restore its hooks. Run this macro when triggers stop working.

Code:
Copy      Help
RestoreTriggers

Also look in registry, key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop. If value LowLevelHooksTimeout is missing or less than 1000, create or edit and make 1000. The type must REG_DWORD.
Aaah, that's what's going on - thanks for the explanation! That's quite a motivation to migrate to LA (which I shied away from so far...)
I checked LowLevelHooksTimeout  and it was set to 1000 already.