Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuget-Package builds with 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 fails
I'm using Visual Studio 2022 with LibreAutomate nuget-package to build my programs. I wanted to upgrade from version 1.1.0 to newest 1.1.7 but got an build error due to access problem of AuCpp.dll (could not be copied because already in use). Also 1.1.6 shows same error - but 1.1.0 finish build without problem.
Error message during build I got, is following in German language:

"C:\Users\Siegfried\.nuget\packages\libreautomate\1.1.6\runtimes\win-x64\native\AuCpp.dll" kann nicht in "bin\Debug\net8.0-windows8.0\runtimes\win-x64\native\AuCpp.dll" kopiert werden. Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "bin\Debug\net8.0-windows8.0\runtimes\win-x64\native\AuCpp.dll" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.    PraxisTray    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\amd64\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets    4967
It should not depend on package version. The dll is loaded in some process. Maybe it is your program. Or, if your program used elm functions, the dll was loaded into some process(es).

https://www.libreautomate.com/api/index.html
https://www.libreautomate.com/forum/show...p?tid=7557

If the script does not help, you can either restart computer or use an "unlocker" program to find these processes and unlock.
Of course, I checked that all other LA-programs were stopped as well as Au.Editor.

Behaviour was reproducable as follows:
- if I upgrade nuget package above 1.1 I'm getting the build problem in my VS2022 project.
- without restart of VS2022 I can downgrade nuget-package in my VS2022 project to 1.1.0 and build runs without that problem.
I'm completly surprised about that, because it seems that anyhow is Aucpp.dll (x64) loaded and still in access during build.

I tried to erase the complete bin-Folder using explorer and there also Aucpp.dll can't be deleted with in use message.
ProcessExplorer were not able to find an open handle to Aucpp.dll.
After closing VS2022 it was possible to delete Aucpp.dll also.

I unloaded nuget-package of LA completly, restarted VS2022 and added latest LA-nuget-package 1.1.7 again and surprisingly build runs without error.
Also later runs succeeded. My learning is that VS2022 maybe did not update internally cached data anyhow and it leads to the trouble.

I mark the problem as solved.