Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enhancements Suggestions for the Code Execution
1. Often, I wish to execute selected code. Can we add this functionality?
Similar to the F8 feature in PowerShell ISE.

2. Many times, I desire to know the execution time of a script. While I can achieve this by adding time stamps at the beginning and end of the code, doing so temporarily for mere time tracking purposes can be cumbersome. Some code editors have this functionality built into their output pane.
My suggestion: before pressing 'Run', if the Ctrl key is pressed, then the output pane should display at the end of the output results the following message:

>>> Execution time: 00:00:01
1. It is possible only when the script runs with the debugger. You can use the "Skip to here" command (click the white margin...). In the future can be added similar command "Run selection".

2. It's easy to use perf functions for it. Usually need the time of one or several parts of script, not of entire script.
perf also can be used to print the time of entire script. Example:

Code:
Copy      Help
using var p1 = perf.local();

100.ms();
Quote:using var p1 = perf.local();

100.ms();

I don't want to add or del this code every time, I just need it temporarily.
Anybody who wants "execute selected code" feature, please post examples of scripts where it could be useful.

Instead I would like to have "edit and continue". On exception pause the script, and the user can edit related code and then retry executing that part of code. Difficult to implement.