Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Localization of .NET Runtime Installation Prompt Dialogs
Below are two images:
Image A shows the EXE generated by the compile button.

Image B shows the EXE generated by the publish button.

1. Their interfaces are different. Can they be unified to the same interface (Image B)?

2. Regarding interface localization, I believe it is necessary because many computers do not have the latest .NET 8 installed.
My idea is: In the LA Classes folder, keep a public global class library file containing functions for this interface. If this function exists, use it during compilation; otherwise, use the default English interface. This way, it is also possible to achieve downloading the runtime files using custom links.
The user interface should explain to the user what is happening and what should be done. Using localized language seems more user-friendly.

Or there may be a better solution available.
Not possible.

If it's very very important, you can create an installer app for your EXE. For example with Inno Setup. It allows to localize strings. Also it could automaticaly install .NET. Like the LA setup app does (it uses Inno Setup). Quite much work and learning.
Using the installer(E.g: Inno Setup) is a bit cumbersome.
My usual approach is to bundle the four items(xx.exe, xx.DLL, 32, and 64,) into a Zip file. After extraction, I use them directly.
Is it possible to execute a file (e.g., rt.exe) located in the same directory as the EXE file when the .NET 8 runtime is not found?
No.