Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLL Paths in Project Folders
In the following scenarios:
1. I don't want to use NuGet to download and install the latest version of DLLs.
2. I want to package the DLLs together with the project files.
3. I don't want to install the .NET SDK (NuGet), but still want to compile the project.

If the DLL paths in the project only contain the DLL filenames, it seems more convenient.Shorter, easier to understand:
This way, it would be suitable for both the portable version of LA and the installed version of LA.

If Dlls in project folder:
 r %folders.Workspace%\files\@T1\Markdig.dll;
TO:
 r Markdig.dll;

see demo:
https://i.ibb.co/yhV3jRC/abc.gif
This is mainly for convenience. I use the portable version of LA for code debugging on my client's computer, without needing to install the SDK of around 1GB or modify the NuGet code at the top of the editing area.
I just need to package the project folder into a ZIP file.
I encountered an issue where the paths of the DLLs in the LA portable version project and the paths of the DLLs in the LA installed version project changed, forcing me to manually adjust the paths.

LA portable version:
/*/ role exeProgram; outputPath C:\_WwBot; r %folders.Workspace%\dll\Markdig.dll;  /*/ 

LA installed version
/*/ role exeProgram; outputPath C:\_WwBot; r %folders.Workspace%\files\bot\WwBot\@WwBot\dll\Markdig.dll; /*/ 

In the Linpad .linq files, there are two types of supported paths: relative paths and absolute paths, which played a role in solving the above problem.

My suggestion: If the DLL is located in the project folder, I can use the following code to ensure uniform relative paths in both the LA portable and installed versions.

/*/ role exeProgram; outputPath C:\_WwBot; r dll\Markdig.dll;  /*/ //in dll folder
/*/ role exeProgram; outputPath C:\_WwBot; r Markdig.dll;  /*/