Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring hooks
I recently reported an issue with QM where autotext wasn't working any longer and in your reply, you mentioned that LA would automatically restore the hooks needed for it. This encouraged me to migrate!  (I'm still working on it...)
Unfortunately I now have to report that this doesn't always work (yet): I left my PC turned on last night as it was running a long job. When I returned this morning, the job had ended and my migrated autotext and shortcuts had stopped working.   (BTW: the QM shortcuts were not affected!)

I recompiled the script and that helped to get those hooks working again...
LA restores trigger hooks every 10 s.

When triggers stop working, look in the Tasks panel, maybe task "Triggers and toolbar" isn't running. If was running but now not, maybe some script action killed it. For example code like script.end(); or Environment.Exit(0); or maybe some used library does it.

Also triggers don't work when the script process isn't admin (probably because LA process isn't admin) and the active window process is admin.

Another possible reason - Ctrl, Shift, Alt or Win key is in logically pressed state. For example a script pressed it and didn't release. To fix it, press all these keys.

Also there are other possible reasons why triggers could stop working. Some known, some not. Auto-restoring hooks then not possible without restarting the triggers script.

In any case, to restore triggers, run script "Triggers and toolbar" again. Or menu TT -> Restart TT script. You can use menu Tools -> Customize to create a toolbar button too.

To restart the script without opening the window, you can use this toolbar button.

Code:
Copy      Help
        t["TT\a|Restart TT script"] = o => script.run(@"\@Triggers and toolbars\Triggers and toolbars.cs");

Or mouse trigger.

Code:
Copy      Help
        Triggers.Mouse[TMEdge.RightInCenter50, "Ctrl+Shift+Alt"] = o => script.run(@"\@Triggers and toolbars\Triggers and toolbars.cs");

Also in Properties of "Triggers and toolbars" select ifRunning restart.
Sorry for being to thick - but I didn't find the "Tasks panel", could you explain pls?
But anyway...TT>Restart did it.

I don't think my LA usage is so advanced that my scripts would do script.end or Environment.Exit(0), so I'll keep observing - maybe more details will come up over time...
By default the panel is between Find and Open panels. If hidden, right-click caption bar of any panel and select Show -> Tasks. Or maybe its size is very small; try to drag splitters.
Duh...I need better glasses! Confused

Thanks! Wink